Sketchup Mac

Hi all! I’m brand new to the sketchup world- haven’t even used it. I’m in the beginning stages of setting preferences and getting familiar with everything.
Additionally, I just purchased a MacBook Pro 2018 with Mojave 10.14.1
Processor: 2.9 GHz intel core i9
Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

I watched a tutorial on setting sketchup preferences and am stuck! While in sketchup I’m supposed to be able to click Sketchup at the top lefthand corner of my screen and scroll down to select Preferences. Well, it’s not available for me to select and I have no idea how to fix it! Here’s a screenshot of what I’m referring to.

Help! what do I need to do?

Start a new file ( get past the welcome page) and see if it’s available then.

1 Like

As Sean indicates, you need to get past the Welcome screen to be able to set preferences. Choose a template and open it.

1 Like

@DaveR @SeanB THANK YOU!! I feel like an idiot, lol. But I’m so glad for your help! (and as I said, super new to this- probably going to be asking a lot of questions!)

1 Like

No worries. You are probably just so excited to get going you’re skipping steps. :smiley:

1 Like

Nah, this is new to you and as Dave said you are excited and ready to jump in! Nothing wrong with that at all :slight_smile: Good luck and keep the questions coming. LOADS of smart people on this forum.