SketchUp Layout will not open

Each time I try to open my SketchUp Layout this screen will pop up. Any way I can fix this problem.

Are you using SketchUp Pro?

Can you open LayOut itself without trying to open your document?

Maybe you could upload the .layout file so we can look at it and see if we can see any problems with it.

I am using SketchUp Pro and can open LayOut on its own. Other documents besides this specific one are opening without any issues.

Dropbox - Error

It appears that the file is somehow corrupted.

Are you really using all those SKP files that are included in the file package?

Unfortunately, yes my company hosts a tournament and we have a variety of events that week. Do you believe it would help if I separated them into smaller documents?

It might help but I expect you’ll have to start from scratch and make make new documents.

Do you know of any way to prevent this for when I recreate the documents?

Well, not precisely. Since we don’t know what it is that corrupted the file in the first place, it’s kind of difficult to say what you should or shouldn’t have done. It could be a technique thing. How do you go about getting the SketchUp viewports created? Are you modifying them after creating them? Are you using some oddball font?

I guess I would get in the habit of saving frequently and perhaps saving incremental files. At the very least you might be able to go back to the last saved version so you don’t have to do so much work to recover.

The underlying zip archive is damaged somehow. I was able to unzip most of the file, ignoring the error, and then re-zip to create a valid file again.

abilodeau5, I’ll PM you a link to the fixed file on dropbox.

-m

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.