SketchUp Layout n' Mac OSX El Capitan

For some reasons SketchUp Layout do not responde, you can’t modified a drawing, or select any layout to modified the view, I’m testing El Capitan, and this is 1 issue I can’t fix.

yep same thing. layout is seriously broken under El Capitan - can’t draw, select etc

So is it ok now with the released El Cap ?

there is a link beside @Marc 's post…

The big problem of drawings going to the wrong part of the document was fixed a few weeks ago, the fix being in Mac OS, not SketchUp. The problem of going into presentation, doing annotations, and not being able to get out of presentation, is still happening.

Hi Colin, all the problems are fixed, I’m using El Capitan and Sketchup pro, and its working fine, Layout is just working grate, try to update your computer and be sure that its upgraded to the last software.

Benji Rijo

CEO-Architect-Designer
BIM Manager

Arroyo Hondo II, Santo Domingo,
Dominican Republic.

T. (849).943.7326
M. (809).889.6065

benjirijo@gmail.com

Hi Mario, yes if you have updated to El Capitan, you can use it, its working fine

Benji Rijo

CEO-Architect-Designer
BIM Manager

Dominican Republic.

T. (849).943.7326
M. (809).889.6065

benjirijo@gmail.com

1 Like

I have this same problem - can’t see how to fix it - anyone?

There were a few things mentioned, which particular problem do you have?

Layout isn’t working (SU is or at least seems ok)
In layout can import but not drag and image in
Importing from SU imports the wind/current view not the whole model
No response when in Layout - can’t add text, lines …anything!

SU pro 14
v 14.1.1283

How this thing happened? I just upgraded OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 using Layout 2014 and still not working! please HELP!!!

I’m running El Capitan with Sketchup Pro 2014 and now Layout isn’t working. Any other suggestions? I’ve updated El Capitan 10.11.1 already. Anyway to fix it?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5-
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Reinstall Sketchup and Layout, I was having the same problem with the Beta and mine works fine.

Benji Rijo

CEO-Architect-Designer
BIM Manager

Dominican Republic.

T. (849).943.7326
M. (829).563.4748

benjirijo@gmail.com

Thanks let me try that…

can i just install again? because i have extensions that I’ve downloaded that I work with everyday.

reinstalling won’t do anything to extensions or plugins you previously loaded for the same version

The latest version of SketchUp 2015 works on my copy of El Capitan, so try upgrading SketchUp to match if that’s an option.

-m