Sketchup for Schools age restriction issue

You can’t fix it but if you have them use the “workaround” they will be able to get in and find their work.

We’re having this problem also on Ontario, Canada. Won’t allow a student to access the software who’s in grade 10. Saying they don’t meet the requirement to use the software.

Hello Everyone!
Thank you very much for sharing this info, we are having the same issue in Spain. The workaround, (entering through Drive) is working fine for our students also. It is only blocked the access from the “Waffle”, which is our favourite access to all google workspace apps, but I am really thankful for the workaround!

Are you able to provide any update on this issue? Thanks!

We are having the same issues. And our new students do not have any files in their drive so they cannot do the workaround. Is that correct? I tried doing the steps “New–>More–>SketchUp for Schools” to start a new project but it still asks for a login. Anyone figure out another way?

The previous way of logging in to SketchUp for Schools seems to be working again, and has been working for our teachers. I am also a Product Expert for a different Google tool and was able to check in on this issue as it relates to SketchUp log ins. This is what I found out:

“Fix has been rolled out to Production. Users <18 should have access to Marketplace & Marketplace Apps (including accessing apps via Google onebar). Marking this bug as fixed”

We are still having issues and the lack of response from Sketchup is quite disappointing. My teachers can access, but not the students that are under 18. We had it installed already and it was working for those using it previously. Is this resolved for others?

Update: Found this post but seems that it works for some, not all. I will try and report back.

For those users still have trouble gaining access for their under 18 students, we have confirmed that this should be something that can be address in your settings within Google Workspace Marketplace. If you are signed in with your administrators account (this should be the same account that originally deployed the app), these settings should be available to you within the marketplace.

Please refer to the attached images and verify that your settings are configured as shown:

If you are still experiencing access issues once the app has been properly deployed and your settings match those depicted here, please let us know.

Hi Sketchup Team,

I checked the settings recommended from above and confirmed that we still have an issue with SketchUp for Schools. We have the Allow users to install only allowed application from Google Workspace Marketplace and the SketchUp for Schools in that allow list. For users under 18, they are prompted with a popup saying “Are you in the right place?” and cannot sign in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.