Sketchup download trouble

Thanks Aaron. I’d forgotten about that possibility.

Is the windows 10 version of the runtime libraries just an add on or update type thing? I dont want to install something that may mess up my computer or something.

rename the downloaded EXEcutable form “.EXE” to “.EXE.ZIP” and open with a ZIP application or the Windows Explorer.

Rip of the contained “SketchUp201#-x64.msi” to e.g. the Window desktop and launch by “right-click > Run as Admin” from there.

If the SketchUp prerequisites (= MS runtime libraries → see subdirectories) are missing on the system, launching SketchUp will tell you.

Doing that it says i cant open the folder because the folder name is invalid.

open with a ZIP application instead.

Ok i did all that and it took me back to the original error message box again when i launched it.

I tried installing the runtime library and about half way through it ended and an error message came up saying “error information, fatal error during installation” This system i have just isnt going to accept sketchup so im just going to forget about it, thank you all for the help.

if the setup routines of the MS runtime libraries are crashing you systems seems to be somehow corrupt, removing all of them (= v2015/2017 x32/x64), restarting Windows and installing them freshly again might help: