SketchUp Checkup 2017 Freezes Computer before complete install

Has anyone had this problem.
am trying to install Sketchup Checkup for SU2017 windows 64 bit and it never completes, only freezes up my computer(even the mouse and all buttons) so I have to restart?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same issue?

Thanks, Billy

You report that you have a Intel GMA 3100 as your sole graphics option. SU17 requires hardware acceleration (there’s no option for the CPU to do the graphics rendering as allowed in earlier version of SU) and OpenGL 3.0. I don’t know if your graphics driver adequately supports OpenGL 3.0. Try updating your graphics driver from your computer manufacturer site. Some computers allow one to update drivers directly from the Intel site.

from wikipedia.org: Intel_GMA#GMA_3100

GMA 3100

Integrated graphics found on Q33, Q35, G31 and G33 chipsets.

It supports Pixel Shader 2.0 with OpenGL 1.4, but Hardware Vertex Shader isn’t supported.

@Billy, All these chipsets are sub-par, not supported by Intel for more than 4 years, and cannot run recent versions of SketchUp, nor the Checkup utility.

These chipsets are over 10 years old (some approaching 14 years old,) and obsolete to say the least.

See the section labeled “Older Graphics Products” on this Intel webpage:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html

1 Like

I recently got a new graphics card
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GT 710
Driver version: 382.33
Direct3D API version: 11
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 192
Core clock: 954 MHz
Memory data rate: 1800 MHz
Memory interface: 64-bit
Memory bandwidth: 14.40 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 5887 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB DDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3839 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.28.A6.00.22
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x8
Device Id: 10DE 128B 8C931462
Part Number: 2132 0014

Your system ought to be able to run SketchUp quite well.

Then, PLEASE, update your forum profile so we are not wasting our time chasing the wrong information for you. (I sent you a private message with instruction links.)

There are two issues that can cause the installer to freeze. These are the installation of Microsoft libraries (.NET and the VS 2015 C Runtime.) There are some explanations in the pinned topic by the SketchUp Team to uninstall these libraries and then re-run the SketchUp installer (which should properly install the correct version of the libraries.)

Make sure that you run any software installer by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator.”

This is the onebox to the team’s pinned topic:

Updated my profile but not sure about deleting .net and microsoft libraries?

thanks you :thumbsup:

Consult you local IT service then.

I just swa your demand to update profile .Is it required that I do that as well and what information is needed

It was a request, Tom.

It will help others help you.

I was referring to the 3 computer questions.
(Operating system/version/SRAM, Graphics card Make/Model/GRAM, SketchUp edition & version)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.