SketchUp Campus: General Feedback

Thanks for posting. Can you tell us the track and course name you were on when this showed up?

There are quite a few. I am just learning and trying to work my way through the courses.
The first one I have seen it on is the following:
https://learn.sketchup.com/course/core-concepts/course-2-review

But its not just the review sections, the following also fails:
https://learn.sketchup.com/course/push-pull/push-pull

Hello,

I am just trying to get started learning and it appears that I cannot access learn.sketchup.com

On Chrome and Safari on Mac OS Catalina I get this error when I try to access the site:

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

Uncaught exception thrown in session handler.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1114 The table 'sessions' is full:… etc.

Accessing the iPhone seems to work until I log in.

I’ve disable popup blockers and allowed cookies. Does anyone else have any ideas on what I could be required in my set up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quinn

We’re discussing this over here:

As you saw, the work around for now is to not sign in.

I also see the error when logged in, letting our dev know and looking into it. Thanks all.

The error seemed to be fixed, but now I only get it when I try to do the review quizzes. the videos work ok

I’m having problems trying to open any of the lessons, are you having the same issues. Are you experimenting the same problem? an error code is displayed whenever im trying to open a lesson.

Someone else posted about this. The work around for me was to open the link as a private window, but the other reporter said that didn’t work for him.

I tried it, but stills the same, a different error code but the same:

" Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later. "

The other person was getting that too. When you see a panel asking you to sign in, click the X in the upper right of the panel.

Thanks all for the feedback, very sorry for the issues happening. We think we have the problem identified, but the solution is tied to some support from our service provider, so we’ve got an ongoing ticket to sort it out.

In the interim, please try viewing the videos as logged in or without logging in. Sometimes this works, though currently I’m seeing some errors regardless.

Be assured we are working on it, thanks all.

1 Like

Thank you so much it is working now.