Sketchup and open studio

Hello. I installed SketchUp2019 and then Open Studio 3.0 to analyze the building in terms of energy. But after installing both programseror , when I open Sketchup, I get this message. And when I draw a surface with a pencil, the create spaces from diagram command does not work at all. Can you help me what should I do to solve the problem?

It would be helpful if you post the entire text of the message in the Ruby Console. As it is, there’s not enough of it to tell you what is going and what’s there is very difficult to read because of the low image resolution.

Have you tried contacting Support at OpenStudio?

current @units_system =
new @units_system = SI
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant OpenStudio::Face>
C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/dialogs/SpaceDiagramInterface.rb:62:in block in <module:OpenStudio>' C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/dialogs/SpaceDiagramInterface.rb:61:in each’
C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/dialogs/SpaceDiagramInterface.rb:61:in <module:OpenStudio>' C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/dialogs/SpaceDiagramInterface.rb:30:in <top (required)>’
C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/MenuManager.rb:297:in load' C:/Users/98936/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/openstudio/lib/MenuManager.rb:297:in block in create_commands’

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator from the Context menu?

That is the text of the message in the Ruby Console. Now, my main problem is that the “create space from diagram” command does not work. And without this command, it is impossible to do my project. Thankful

Again, did you install SketchUp correctly?

Did you contact customer support at OpenStudio about this?

yes I install it correctly

No, I can not contatnt support

Why not? You should be able to contact them. As a licensed user you should have access to support.

IIRC OpenStudio quit developing the extension/program a good while ago, I might be wrong though.

Do you have the current plugin? Sounds like you are using an old version.

OpenStudio 3.0 was released in April of this year.

From the Release Notes:

“The OpenStudio Application SketchUp Plug-in requires SketchUp 2019”

1 Like

No. this is an updated version.

Did you follow all of the installation instructions for OpenStudio. Again, you should contact OpenStudio. Here’s the contect link: https://www.openstudio.net/contact

Thanks for the help. I will try to contact the support of Open Studio

Do you have an educational subscription?
You could perhaps use Sefaira, instead.
It comes with a Studio Subscription.