SketchUp and macOS Mojave (10.14)

Thank you for the link to the updated version.

Downloaded and installed.

Bizarrely I never had any crashing problems on staring Sketchup.

Installed, but still Layout Zoom is poor.

Mike

I didnā€™t bother mentioning this release to you because it didnā€™t have anything in it that would change your LayOut performance. Iā€™ll keep googling for other customers or other apps experiencing this.

No worries @Barry

At the moment Iā€™m getting by by using my MacBook Pro on High Sierra. Iā€™ve not yet copied all my materials across as Iā€™m waiting for V19.

It does fix the Option Box in Layout though which is good, although I only ever Export to PDF so have just left it on that.

Mike

Checking, thanks, @MikeWayzovski

@Barry,

Has there been any update as of yet for whether SketchUp will work for Mac OS Mojave?
I have not updated my OS yet because I donā€™t want to mess up how SketchUp is working now. I am using SketchUp/Layout for more 2D solar design and installation packets.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Here is the Mac maintenance update (Version 18.1.1180) to address the Mojave OS

Thank you for giving the link to the last version ! Checking update in the SKUP menu gives nothing.
See screenshot

Not the thread for it. Please donā€™t flood the forum with your feature request. One post is plenty.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by having Profiles on, would you explain? Thanks!

@archipnh, we flipped the switch a while back, so you should be seeing the update. We donā€™t always flip notification on immediately after releasing it.

Any fix for SU 2016 pro, Crashes constantly after 1 or 2 minutes use after updating to Mojave.

The only patch was for SketchUp 2018. Based on previous behavior it seems very unlikely there will be patches for earlier versions.

Thanks, will start the downgrade to High Sierra :frowning:

as always, next will ask to support SketchUp v8ā€¦

Search the forums: weā€™ve had 3 cases of people with graphics issues in Mojave. 2 were Mac Proā€™s, one an iMac. One was solved by changing his Thunderbolt Monitor ports. Iā€™d try to keep an eye on other product complaints to Apple about issues. In essence, youā€™re downgrading an OS to downgrade your graphics drivers.

Is there an update on the latest considerations on upgrading to latest SketchUp version AND using Apple Mojave on an iMac?

Thanks,

Steven Walsh

I am interested in the answer to this too. As it is now clear that there will be no Sketchup 2019 (and maybe no SU 2020 for a while yet), I would like to upgrade my OS to Mojave. I had been holding out until after the expected release of SU 2019 but now there would seem to be no point. Are the glitches between Mojave and SU 2018 ironed out?

Steve Baumgartner @slbaumgartner says he hasnā€™t had problems with SU 2018 (latest update specifically for Mojave) but be cautious for other reasons.

I have an iMac 27 late 2015 - supported on Mojave - which is still throwing up LOTS of problems unrelated to SU.

Random freezes, needing me to hit the power button to restart. Black screen, sometimes recovers, sometimes doesnā€™t. Programs shutting down spontaneously. Bluetooth disconnecting mouse and keyboard during start up, taking tens of seconds before reconnecting. Forgetting iCloud and email logins. Wonā€™t restart from sleep. Etc.

When I have time I think Iā€™ll have to revert to High Sierra.

Others on Apple support forum have similar issues. If you donā€™t specifically need the new features in Mojave, make sure you can if needed revert to High Sierra. And have your backup fully up to date.

Mine is similar vintage. Given what you have experienced, I think Iā€™ll keep High Sierra for the time being. Keeping to the old ā€œif it ainā€™t brokeā€ advice!