SketchUp 64 bits license purchase problem

Hi, my name is Rémy, I work for a residential construction company in france and we just purchased a 64 bits pro licence last Thursday. Since, i ve never received any e-mail about this purchase or any licence key / number. I probably fill the wrong e-mail and now i’m stuck without a pro licence. I need it to import my dwg files in. I ve already send a message with contact on the web page, but no response.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English

Rémy

Did you check your spam/junk e-mail folder for the e-mail? Did you purchase SketchUp through a reseller? According to the SketchUp website, Elmtec France is the authorized reseller in France. Perhaps they can help you. As I type it’s not even 3:00 am at the SketchUp office in Colorado. Everyone there is probably still asleep.

As for your English, it’s better than some Americans I know. :wink:

Thanks, maybe I m not so bad at English!

I ve already check the spam/junk folder, i ve already purchased a pro licence for me personally and I know the trick. I purchase the licence directly on this website and i m quite sure that i made a mistake with the email. Now I m waiting to make contact with a staff member that can help me with this issue.

Thx for your help!

one of the advantages buying with a local reseller being available at the same time zone… and immediately…

Seriously, i don’t care if they answer me when I m sleeping. Just care about my problem and it’s ok!:wink:

Up,

nobody there to help me and solve my problem?

if… :wink:

offic. Contact Options

Already done, they solve my problem. Maybe I’m too impatient :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: