Sketchup 2025 bug splat when opening skp file

Okay, thanks for verifying the version, it does sound like you’re on the latest build. I think it may be a mix of problems. It looks like Colin has your bug splat reports. Ill chat with him and find out more about that issue. I hope purging and cleaning up the model a bit like what DaveR has suggested helps or if changing the resolution addresses the crashing as well.

As I said before, nothing of this has been necessary with 2024 version. I always did a cleanup in my projects, but never reduced size of materials or changed resolutions and they always opened OK.

Another point that I don’t undertand is why can I open the skb file from within my template file and then work normaly and not the skp file. What is the difference?

What I meant is that if I try to open the skp file I get the same bug splat. Instead if I open the skb file of the same project it opens normally.

That would imply that whatever corrupted the file happened after the last time the .skb file was saved.

Let me try again to explain. I try to open an skp file. It gives bug splat. I open trough empty template file the skb file it opens normally. I save it as skp and skb after doung my work. The skp doesn’t open and the skb opens.

So are you saying that you successfully open the .skb file and then save it to create a new .skp file and that .skp file won’t open? Where are you saving the file? Can you share the file so we can examine it for potential issues?

What happens if you make a new simple file do you get the same results when you save it and reopen it?

Yes, that is what is happening. I save the file at the same time as skp and skb. The skb opens and the skp doesn’t. I save both files in the same place.

How exactly do you save the file as skb and skp? The skb is supposed to be created automatically by SketchUp when you save a previously loaded skp file. Do you mean that you save the skp and an skb appears without any other action on your part? Or are you doing something like putting skb into the file name as you save?

Yes, I change the file name to .skb.

Why are you doing that? That’s not a normal process.

I thought I explained. By doing so I can open my full project without bug splat and without having to do any changes.

Actually the ‘normal’ procedure is the one that isn’t working for me since I began using the 2025 version.