Sketchup 2022 keeps crashing om Mac Studio

I have this massive issue with Sketchup, since I’ve updated from iMac 2012 to Mac Studio. Sketchup continuously crashes. I’ve deleted & reinstalled Sketchup several times following these steps. But nothing seems to work. Sketchup and Mac Studio are both updated to the latest versions.
Sketchup: Version 22.0.353
Mac: 13.0 (22A380)

Is anyone experiencing the same problems? And does somebody knows how to solve this?

Here are the bug details as a rtf-file.

1 Like

Hello,

I have been having this same exact issue and I have been emailing with sketchup support on and off for about 6 months and they have no solutions and couldn’t even say what is going on.

Today I downloaded the old version 2020 and the crashes have stopped. I suggest you do the same.

Sketchup 2022 is simply not compatible with Mac Studio and there seems to be no rush to find a fix.

Hello Gabriel,

It looks like I’ve found a solution: Daily Sketchup 2022 (22.0.315/ARM64) crashes on M1 based MacOS 12.2 - #8 by bradenp

Run Sketchup in Rosetta (right click the Sketchup app > get info > Open Using Rosetta). I activated this option yesterday and since then it didn’t crash anymore! While it first crashed every 15 min or so.

Hope this works for you to!

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the solution!

It looks to be working for me. :slight_smile:

I am not a Mac user but if SketchUp requires Rosetta to run I would suspect that some installed extensions are not compatible with the Apple Silicon processors.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.