SketchUp 2021 Toolbars Glitch

Hi team. I’m experiencing an recurrent problem with SU 2021. When I try to organize the toolbars, they star overlapping each other, to the point where I can’t seem to know which button I’m clicking on. I believe the problem is purely graphic. I use Windows 10 with a AMD Ryzen 5, Primary GPU AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics, and Secondary GPU Radeon 540X Series. The drivers are updated. I also tried uninstalling the 2021 version and using 2020, however the problem is the same.

Try repairing the installation of SketchUp. Close SketchUp and LayOut if it is open. Find the downloaded installer or download it again from Download All | SketchUp. Right click on the installer, choose Run as administrator, and then Repair. After that’s complete, shut the computer down completely so you can do a cold reboot. See if that fixes the problem.

I followed the instructions, however the problem persists :frowning:

same problem! did you solve it?

No, the glitch persists. I’ll probably try next to reinstall the graphic drivers.

Which graphics card model do you have?

If the drivers do not fix it try another graphics card. I have seen weird behavior in one app caused by a bad card before.

I use Windows 10 with a AMD Ryzen 5, Primary GPU AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics, and Secondary GPU Radeon 540X Series.

What bothers me is that I used SketchUp 2019 for 1 year on the same notebook with no problem. The issue started when I updated for the 2021 version. I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one.

In that case I would reinstall Windows. If you do make sure to de-activate SketchUp and any associated extensions that are licensed. Also back up all of your documents etc. and list all apps and extensions. Then do a clean install. Try the graphic card first! This stuff can fail.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.