Sketchup 2021 Tags

This might have something to do with monitor settings, too. Hidden tags are grayed out but I don’t seem to have a problem seeing them on my display. I suppose they could be a shade or two darker but it isn’t a problem for me as it is.

I have the same question - it is very frustrating that every time I do anything with Tags, the name column defaults back to the nearly useless width while the nearly useless Dashes column takes over. Like Optima, I have rarely used the Dashes column, but the Name of the Tag is vital to my workflow.

Is there a fix for Window users?

Have you tried to drag the edge of the tray to make it wider?

I just tried that and it works, however - it takes up valuable screen space. Still frustrating, but a decent work-around.

Thanks for the tip!

I find it frustrating that Tags move in the list when you toggle their visibility. This makes it hard to toggle on and off (to assess affect) while looking a the model, because each time, the Tag will have moved to another position in the list. Be good if this could be ‘corrected’ so a tag stays put, irrespective of On or Off status.

You can fix it yourself. Instead of sorting by visibility, sort the list by tag name. Evidently at some point you clicked on the space at the top of the visibility column. Click on the tag Name instead.tags

3 Likes

Brilliant - thanks Dave!

1 Like

Mark, would you please follow up on this issue. The grayed out tags are extremely annoying.

Mark, screenshots of Tags 2021 vs 2020

2021:

As you can see 2020 unselected tags are significantly darker (and more readable) than 2021 unselected tags.

2 Likes

i hate the grayed out tags. I hope there is some way to change that. It makes it difficult to find a tag name I am looking for. I have two different brands of monitors, and have tried adjusting color, brightness, and gamma settings on both and cannot get the grayed out labels to be easily readable. I don’t know if this is a Windows 10 issue or a Sketchup issue, but the grayed out tags seem a bad idea in a user interface. The on/off eyeball icon is plenty adequate to show the visibility of the tags contents without additionally graying out the tag label.

2 Likes

Please work on the greyed out unselected tags issue. I have been watching this forum and Google repeatedly for the last 20 days with no luck. I really makes SU 2021 almost unusable and really slows progress. At this point I will need to revert to 2017 Make rather than upgrading to 2021. SU 2020 and previous did not have this issue.

1 Like