Sketchup 2020 WILL NOT OPEN

UPDATE: A Windows Update was available, and after I downloaded and installed that update, SU, LO, SB now all seem to work just fine. I can only assume there was a Windows Build in there that broke a file that was needed, and that it now has been resolved. Thanks everyone for their help.

Thanks for the update. I’m also using the Insider build, and hadn’t seen any updates for a while now. I am using the Pro one, not Home. My build is 19582.1001, what one are you on?

The 2 versions before Windows Insider Build 20161 created problems with SketchUp. It would not open. 20161 fixed the issue.

Do you happen to know if the two builds were after 19582? I feel sure I had skipped some builds, but the last one I was on, and the 20161 build seem to work ok… Also, what was the problem they caused?

Hi Colin, I am on Build 2016.rs_prerelease.200627-1754

Here’s the history I can find. The highlighted version was where I had issues. The one before may have been causing issues as well, but I’m not sure I had SU open during that time.

The two Versions were 20152 (Jun 25) and 20150 (Jun 20). The problem was that SketchUp would not open at all. Click on the icon and nothing happened. Microsoft was made aware of the issue and said they would correct in a upcoming version which turned out to be 20161. Hope this helps.

Thanks. We’ve had a few reports like that, but in at least one case someone could open LayOut, and managed to get SketchUp to open using Open With SketchUp on a viewport.

I’ll dig out the recent cases and see if any are using an insider build.