Sketchup 2020 on Big Sur

The beta 3d.connexion driver for Big Sur, Mac_v10-7-0
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/beta-driver-for-macos-11-big-sur/

Available but no work for SketchUp, yet :frowning:

I updated my computer to Big Sur 11/16/20 and now I am unable to close out any SU model I have without SU crashing. I am now stuck in a fun cycle of re-opening and having SU open all the models that were previously open before the crash. I have disabled all Plug-ins thinking there might be a correlation looking at previous thread and people having similar issues. That has done nothing. I also have un installed and re installed SU 2020.2 2 times now . I have also tried saving a new file as a SU Template and the program immediately crashes as well. I have written Trimble and have yet to hear back. So Frustrating! If anyone has any ideas im all ears. Dead in the water until this gets fixed.

@AbsolutSketchUp We are in the process of launching SketchUp Pro 2021 today; you can probably try updating now using this link.

We fixed several issues that we discovered in our Big Sur testing, so please let us know if this is persisting. TBH, Iā€™m concerned that you may be caught in a crash cycle because of one corrupted file, so I hope you will hear back from our support team soon enough if the problem continues.

Thank you, Mark, I did download and install 2021 this morning and it seems to have solved my issues. Good timing. I just got a formal response from my BugSplat Report saying the same thing.
Appreciate the heads up.

1 Like

I am running super solid after the driver update. Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29) &

Yesssss. The last update of the 3Dconnexion driver works fine.

I in the same boat as AbsolutSketchUp.
Big Sur and Crashes every time I close.
HOW DO I FIX

If you download SU 2021 that should fix your problems. It was in Beta when I originally updated my computer. They released it a day after I started having the problems of not being able to open or close files. It has worked just fine since re installing the 2021 version.
Hope this helps?

My cadmouse wireless is still bricked for lack of a mac firmware updater. Or am I missing something?

So far as I know, the 3D Connexion firmware updater is Windows only. While diagnosing a previous issue with the support staff, I found that the firmware updater will run under a Windows VM such as Parallels.

Yes I am having the same issue. 2021SU, BIGSUR on MBP-M1. Causing issues with plugins as licenses (SKALP) have to be re-entered.

Settings for SU also have to be reset as well. Specifically my hotkey mappings.