SketchUp 2019: Maintenance Release 1

We are delighted to announce that our first maintenance release for SketchUp Pro 2019 is live. This release fixes several bugs, including DWG export issues and a crash when opening some LayOut files. Get the full scoop in the official release notes. To access the updated SketchUp 2019 version, simply open SketchUp Pro 2019, click the SketchUp drop-down menu, and “check for updates.”

Alternatively, you may follow the steps below:

1. Head over to Download All | SketchUp or clickhelp > Check for Update in your SketchUp pro menu and follow the links
  2. If you are not logged in, sign into your account using your Trimble ID username and password.
  3. Select SketchUp Pro 2019 and replace your current 2019 installation. We’ve updated this download link with this latest version of SketchUp Pro.
  4. Get modeling!
6 Likes

I’m not getting a message on starting Sketchup that there’s a newer version now.

Should I get it - if not now, then in a day or two if I wait and don’t go direct to the link above?

Yep that’s the plan. The update notification should come through for everyone in a couple of days time.

The download steps will be similar, so we recommend grabbing the update whenever best suits.

Thank you. One way or the other, I’ll get it in the next couple of days.

I may wait, just to see when I get the prompt on opening SU.

Hi I got this update this morning and already download new version.
(Released: April 8th, 2019 Version: 19.1.174 (Win 64-bit) )

Do I need to reinstall all plug-in and set up all preference again after install this update ?
I just concern because it will take lot of time to set up fresh program.

Or it is just fix bugs, and all plug -in will be remained

Thank you.

If you had SU 2019 installed already, you don’t need to worry about reinstalling extensions or updating preferences.

2 Likes

Done ! already update Maintenance Release 1.
All extensions are remained. Thank you very much.

1 Like

I have the same version downloaded tow days ago 2019Version: 19.1.174 (Win 64-bit). However, I find a black screen when I choose select icon. Is that also a case for everyone or because something wrong with my machine?
memory 32.0 GB - NVIDIA Geforce GTX - CPU intel Core i7 7700HQ.

Probably something wrong with your machine or the way you installed the update.

Correct installation requires that you right click on the downloaded installer file and select Run as administrator. If you didn’t do that or you aren’t sure, close SketchUp, find the installer and install it correctly.

Also make sure that SketchUp is using the Nvidia graphics card. In SketchUp, go to Window>Preferneces>OpenGL. Click on Graphics Card Details and check to see that the Nvidia card is being used. See if unticking Use Fast Feedback changes anything. Also make sure the Nvidia drivers are up to date.

Thank you for the notice of the update, but the SU website has not the latest version. I followed all the steps as described, but the Mac 2019 Pro version (or is this the ‘classic’ version? (I wish SU would make up their mind what to call things)) is not the latest update. 19.0.684 still loading on my Mac, and not the 19.1.173 which seems the latest version.

Thank you for the Maintenance R1 19.1.174. I updated the viewer also hoping they might have added view properties but no joy. We are trying to promote BIM to customers but had to switch them over to the AutoCAD viewer in order to show component information. This would have been a good enhancement and promo to SketchUp, now all they see is AutoCAD.

1 Like