Hi, I get this launch error with SU19.
SU18 is working fine.
Do i need to upgrade my graphics card?!

sketchup%20error

Here is the system report:

and the graphics card details from SU18

Thanks

" Compatibility Mode for Windows 10

It is no longer necessary to run SketchUp in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode was employed for several SketchUp releases as a workaround for problems with older Intel HD 2000 and HD 3000 GPUs on Windows 10. These GPUs have been deprecated by Intel on Windows 10 and because this workaround introduced problems of its own, it has been removed. As a result SketchUp, LayOut, and Style Builder will no longer run with Intel HD 2000 and HD 3000 GPUs on Windows 10."

So the answer is probably, Yes.

Not really what i wanted to hear but thanks for clarifying that.

I feel your pain, believe me. I’d just keep using your current version.

I see no great leaps in 2019.

according to your profile you are using a GeForce GTX 950M.

If still applicable, ensure that SU is running on the so called “High-Performance Adapter” by configuring the appropriate 3D setting of the nVidia Control Panel (“right-click on desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > 3D Settings… > Program Settings > SketchUp…”).

… using an ol’, lame HD 2000 for 3D modeling?

No, my pain is that my render engine does not support 2019 and apparently I’ve let my license lapse.

Nah, the ol’, lame HD 2000 is on my second computer. just didn’t wanted to burden my workhorse with su2019 (yet)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.