SketchUp 2019 and macOS Catalina (10.15)

We have completed our preliminary testing of SketchUp 2019 on the beta-3 (19A501i) version macOS Catalina (10.15). Unfortunately, SketchUp and LayOut both crash shortly after launching on the beta-3 version of Catalina (they did, however, run on the previous beta drop). Because of this, we recommend that users do not upgrade their systems to Catalina at this time.

1 Like

Any updates about the latest versions of the betas?

We’re seeing a reduction in crashes on the beta-4 drop of Catalina, but we do not recommend that users upgrade to Catalina just yet.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the update.

Am testing Catalina with the public beta
the message I get is, not connected to the internet, and I am connected of course

I deploy this via JAMF and the installation of Sketchup pro 2019 is flawless, except it can’t read the license because of the above. Our license is also deployed with the application

What type of license do you have? Is it the classic, network, or subscription license?

Is there a way to “whitelist” SketchUp in JAMF’s network/security settings?

We have classic, I deploy the license file together with the application
Jamf has no security or whitelist settings regarding this matter.
but I now see that it works
the difference is when I was testing I was connected with a cable to the network and now am connected via wifi

Just to clarify, it recognizes the license when you are connected with WiFi and not with the cable connection?

As we approach the release of Catalina, has there been any change in the compatibility with SketchUp and LayOut?

SketchUp 2019.2 lacks the notarization that Apple requires for Catalina. That said, control + right-click on the SketchUp application icon and selecting Open will let you run SU2019.2 on Catalina.

There was a beta 10 of Catalina today. It doesn’t affect what Mark said, but just letting you know that we are testing with the latest build.

Thank you @mchandler and @colin, are there any usability issues once the program is whitelisted manually? What about LayOut?

I am using SK 2019 for Mac and just installed Catalina. OOPS!!! I am getting this error message when I try to boot…
“Sketchup is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to trash.” But Layout works! Trimlbr how can you let this happen? You’ve had the beta versions for months. What do I do???

Did you do a reinstall?

Edit: please do not double post

They did. See: SKETCHUP 2019 AND macOS Catalina - I have upgraded and now it won't work

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.