SketchUp 2018 Wish List

I second that - Specifically for us, the ability to export all (or some) Scenes to a single PDF booklet. I’m glad that the PDF has been added as an exportable format in recent years, but it seems to limited to single sheets.

Currently, my workaround is to fake a booklet using Doro PDF writer from the Print menu. The annoying bit is that I have to temporary thicken my profile line lineweights so that they’re noticeably thicker on the PDF.

Plan B is to export the scenes as .jpg’s via Export → Animation → Image Set (remembering to switch off scene transitions, of course), and then use an external PDF editor to convert/merge the images to PDF’s.

Perhaps this booklet request can appear in the PDF options menu, under Export → 2D Graphic, or as a file format option under Image Set? Maybe it’s own category under Export?

It would be nice if the SketchUp has a better menu to take advantage of several NVIDIA GTX 1080ti or better video cards and the use of RAM over 32gb because I see that the program only uses 1 GPU in a low way and the CPU is what most uses

My wishlist:

• Video game design toolbar
  • Animation tool
  • Texturable ground plane, background, and sky
  • Realtime rendering
    (Reflectivity slider in materials)
  • Texture painting, improved texture editing, & texture blending
  • UI Improvements
    (Modernize the art in all the icons, but keep them recognizable. For example, the iTunes logo changes over time, but stays recognizable. More intuitive 3D Warehouse & Extension Warehouse Icons.)
  • 3D people toolbar (choose clothes, pose, etc.)
  • 3D scanner that uses webcam
  • Unify all the tools into one multi-tool
    Maybe spacebar could open up a stylish toolbox, so you could change tools with ease
    or preferably make a tool that has the functionality of every single tool
  • Increase the drawing limits, so you can draw microscopic stuff and galaxies in the same drawing without clipping plane errors
  • Eliminate lag, so your model can be any size without any lag
  • Structural simulator where you simply apply materials to solid groups (so it knows the physical properties), then press play
  • Implement the minimalist Sculptris toolset into SketchUp by collaborating with their company
  • Brainwave reading headset that draws what you’re imagining
  • SpeakUp (AI that draws whatever you want)

Lol… Honestly though, I’m happy with SketchUp the way it is, but the world is limitless. Anything can always be improved upon, no matter how good it is.

1 Like

Great list!
Obviously an experienced Pro user.

When you say filters for parsing content, I think that’s brilliant.
The pro import/export options are SO limiting at present.

@agleek Why’d you delete your wish list? I thought it was excellent.

I think @agleek moved it to a 2019 wish list:

2 Likes

I moved it here: Sketchup 2019 Feature Requests - #145

1 Like