SketchUp 2018 Pro Unable to change the Black Background Color

I just downloaded the new SketchUp 2018 Pro and cannot change the black background color using Style editor. I have selected different templates and I still get the black background. I have imported 3D designs from the 3D Warehouse and they don’t display since the background and object are black. The computer passes all compatibility tests. I have compared the SketchUp 2017 Pro settings to the ones in SketchUp 2018 Pro and they are a match.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the different downloads of SketchUp 2018 Pro without success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Did you install SketchUp the right way? Meaning: Right-clicked on the downloaded installation file and choose : Run as administrator. If not or not certain, do it now and you will be prompted to ‘repair’. Choose ‘repair’

Do you by chance have a laptop or two graphics cards? The default card may be set wrong. Right click on the desktop icon and look for Run with graphics processor to set the right default.

Black background = a graphics card/driver issue. Follow @bmswarts advice, as you have a laptop with both Intel integrated graphics and a NVidia graphics card. Each version of SU is a separate installation, and you have to tell your computer which graphics option you want.

It also may be time to update your graphics driver too.

Thank you Bmswarts. You were right on point. Right clicking the SketchUp 2018 icon and selecting the NVIDIA graphics card did the trick 100%.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.