SketchUp 2016 & 3DConnexion 3D mouse

I think that I had issues when I installed over the old version. I believe that when I cleaned off previous installation (uninstall, then searching for and manually deleting all files associated with 3dconnexion), things went smoothly.

That was over a month ago now, though…

I have found one bug so far with 3D mouse and SketchUp 2016.

This tells us very little. What is the bug? How is it duplicated?

I’m stuck. I am trying to use my 3D mouse with Sketchup 2016 on OSX Yosemite and cant get it to work at all. I have uninstalled old driver, installed new driver/ restarted computer several times. I have uninstalled previous versions of Sketchup (14/15) just to be sure that didn’t effect anything. No dice.

Also, the buttons on my 3D mouse work just no movement…

did you turn it on??

in SU >> Preferences >> Extensions…

and make sure Sketchup is Selected in System Preferences…

I’m an idiot… I was checking my mac extensions not SU extensions. Thanks so much!

happens to us all…

john

With the latest driver (re)installed I still get crashes when trying to rotate with the SpaceNavigator while moving a line vertex with the Move tool. It only seems to happen when the SpaceNavigator is in Target Camera Mode with Rotation Center->Use selected item. I’ve turned “Use selected item” off as a workaround.

Crash Report #19775

Have
you activated ‘3DxSketchUp’ in the System Preferences, Extensions?[quote=“NZSnowman, post:22, topic:17636”]
3D mouse
[/quote]

I was having lots of problems with version 10.2 of 3DxWare and SU2016, but since version 10.3 of 3DxWare and SU2016/SP1, its been real good. Are you using version 10.3 of 3DxWare and SU2016/SP1?

I am only chiming in here because I recently had an issue with the Space Navigator, too. Since updating to 10.11.4 of OSX, I have been having trouble. I thought it was the space navigator, but it turned out to be an issue with other mouse software I had installed. I was running SmoothMouse to add acceleration. Disabling fixed all my issues. It might be worth looking at any other “mouse” software you might have installed.

SU 2016 crashes EVERYTIME while trying to move a vertice (not a side, or line, only ever a corner) and rotate using 3d Connexion. All of my drivers and software is up to date. no plugins are loaded. i get the same response whether I use my logitech trackball or apple mouse. I dont recall it doing this with doing it with SU 2015

SketchUp 2016 stutters while orbiting (link goes this forum) but besides that it doesn’t respond the rotate function of the SpaceNavigator > 90% of the time.

According to OS X eh… macOS 10.12 beta users it fixes the stuttering. I wonder if this also fixes the rotate function of the 3D mouse…

I can confirm you are not alone on this one, I was sending bugsplat regularly for this. I have since given up expecting a fix and avoid the 3d mouse when I have the move tool active.
It only happens on one of my Win7 machines and never on Win10.

I just reinstalled the driver and it is working in SU 2017.

1 Like