Skelion add on won't show up in SU 2016 version for mac

installation

I have SU 2016 for Mac. I downloaded it and have the Pro trial running. I downloaded skelion add on, but cannot access the plugin folder because Sketch Up is not an option under the Application Software folder. Also from Window–> Preferences --> There is no preference field to install an extension.

When I go about this manually, I added the skelion.rb and folder to the plugins and when I look up “preferences” it says the skelion.rbz file was already installed and ready to use. Where can I find it? How do I access it? Isn’t it odd that it won’t show up from the SketchUp main file?

Your profile says your on Windows, please update it with your mac specs…

‘Preferences’ are found under the ‘SketchUp’ menu item on a mac… [same as all mac apps]
Toolbars are under the ‘View’ >> ‘Tool Palettes’ it may be there…

if you had already installed it, where did you put it the second time?

your information needs clarifying…

is SU online?

john

@drewnancy121, also check if the extension policy , in Sketchup> preferences > extension tab, is set to “uncertified” as this extension may be uncertified.

The Preferences > ‘Extensions [Loading] Policy’ you need to have set is actually called ‘Unrestricted’.
This is the shipped default.
Without it being set, you will currently find that many as-yet-unsigned extensions/plugins will NOT load in v2016, or at least prompt you to load them in Approve mode…
Because of a glitch in the way v2016 currently handles newly installed unsigned extensions, they can load successfully but are initially set unchecked aka ‘deactivated’ - so you need to activate [check] them in the [Window(PC) || SketchUp(MAC)] > Preferences > Extensions… dialog [one time only activation]…
If a toolbar is also used, then that only becomes available for activation once the extension itself has be activated…

Thank you… I have the program on both my windows and Mac. Sorry for confusion. SU is online for the mac, but I am unable to get it online with my windows program. Ironically, there the extension is downloaded and working but I am not able to accept the Skelion license agreement because it will not go online.

It is not under Tool Palettes.

I installed it in every way I could. So in the plugin and directly from Extensions–> Install extension.

Thank you.

Hi thank you for the response.

I just checked; it was set to “unrestricted”.

I checked into the activation… I got this message

I just installed Skelion to see if there was a basic issue, and there’s not…

I downloaded the .rbz from the official site…

I used ‘SketchUp’ >> ‘Preferences’ >> ‘Extension’ >> ‘Add Extension’ to install it…

I clicked ‘SketchUp’ >> ‘Preferences’ >> ‘General’ then ‘Extension’ to update the menu so I could ‘Check’ the ‘Skelion’ box…

the web dialog opened for the licensing and on completion a message box to restart SU to see the Toolbar…

the 2d Bool Toolbar had come up immediately…

On restart, I had to re-check ‘Skelion’ in Pref’s [a little odd]…

On re-start, I everything was then fine…

john

That was the ticket!