Skalp 2020

Together with the new SketchUp 2020 we release today the new Skalp 2020 Beta version for SketchUp 2020.

This new version has some very nice new features:

• Support SketchUp 2020.
  • Toolbar icon for export to DXF/DWG.
  • Toolbar icon for export to LayOut.
  • Graphical material selector.
  • Paint sections in the model with the new Skalp Paint Tool.
  • You can now use a Skalp material from a Library without importing the complete library.
  • You can now Export Skalp materials from the new Paint Tool directly to a library.
  • SketchUp linestyles are now supported in the forward lines of the Skalp DWG/DXF export.

Also we updated our naming to the new SketchUp naming:

• ‘By Layer’ is renamed to ‘By Tag’
  • Skalp ‘Tag’ is renamed to ‘Label’.

The new SketchUp feature to hide objects in scenes gave us the opportunity to reduce the use of Skalp tags (layers). We don’t create anymore a new tag (layer) for every scene or sectionplane.

We also changed the default Skalp rule setting to ‘By Tag’ followed by ‘By Object’ for easier use with the new Skalp Paint Tool.

The release is a BETA version! If you find any error, bug or bugsplat please contact us at support@skalp4sketchup.com

You can download this Skalp version from our download page

The Skalp Team

8 Likes

Hi @Guy

Sounds like a great update.

As I already have the current version, is there a fee for upgrading?

Also, will you be letting everyone know when it progresses from being a Beta version?

Mike

1 Like

If you have an active Skalp maintenance you can use this new version without any problem. If your Skalp maintenance is expired, just renew it. How to renew your maintenance. Just download Skalp 2020 from our website and install it. Use your Skalp license activation code and Skalp will tell you that your Maintenance is expired and will guide on how to renew it.

Skalp 2020 is the only Skalp version which can be installed on SketchUp 2020 and you will be prompted every time when there is an update and this update can be installed directly from this message.

2 Likes

The new Paint Tool in action…

3 Likes

Hi @Guy

I’ve just installed version 2020 but when I try to activate it, it states that I have reached my license limit.

So…

It suggested that I deactivate older versions that I have, so I did this in Sketchup Version 18, and now it does not work in Version 19 on my MacBook Pro.

Basically, I do not seem to have access to Skalp at all now.

I only need it on my MacBook Pro and iMac.

Please help, as I’m in the middle of a Project using Version 19.

Kind regards

Mike

EDIT: Think I’ve sorted it @Guy

I chose the option to Deactivate and Reset the Licenses and it seems to have worked. I can now use in Sketchup 2019 on my Laptop and 2020 on my iMac.

Basically, I need;

Sketchup Pro 2019 and 2020 on my iMac and MacBook Pro, therefore 4 seats.

Mike

Hi @Guy

Thank you for the quick response earlier to my Licensing Problem.

All seems to be sorted now.

On another note, I think I may have found a little Bug in the 2020 Version;

1. When I click the 'Skalp Layout Export’ Button, or Select ‘Export All Scenes to Layout’, it turns on Use Sun for Shading and updates the Scene in Sketchup.

I then have to deselect ‘Use Sun for Shading’ and then update the scene to revert it back to how it was.

Firstly, what is the difference between the two, and why does it turn On Use Sun for Shading?

Minor Issue I guess.

I also love the fact that you don’t have to load complete Material Libraries now, and can simply select the ones you need from the various libraries.

Kind regards

Mike

1 Like

No you only need 2, one for each computer.

I will look into this. we temporary switch this setting to do a dirty trick in exporting to DWG but it should be set back to the original state afterwards.

What is the difference between the two

Nothing, it’s the same. Just an easier and more visible way to find this command.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Problem found and fixed. Updated Skalp build will be released later today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Fixed in build 2020.0.0021. When you start Skalp you will be automatically prompted to update.

You’re a star @Guy. Thank you.

Haven’t had a chance to update it today but will do tomorrow.

Thank you for sorting this so quickly.

Mike

Hi @Guy

Just to let you know that the update installed on my MacBook Pro, and all seems to be good.

Thank you for the really quick reply and action on sorting the problem.

I can not tell you how much I rely on Skalp, so this is great.

Kind regards

Mike

1 Like

HI @Guy

Just to let you know that I have e-mailed you regarding Activation for Sketchup 2020 on my iMac.

For some reason, it keeps telling me I have reached the maximum number of seats.

Any help would be appreciated.

I absolutely need this to run in BOTH Sketchup 2019 AND 2020 on BOTH my iMac AND MacBook Pro.

Therefore, 4 instances.

It is working ok on my MacBook Pro in BOTH Sketchup 2019 AND 2020.

I can not seem to get it Activated for Sketchup 2020 on my iMac.

As an experiment, I deleted the Skalp.lic file from Sketchup 2019, and it then let me activate that again with no problem.

I have even deleted the Skalp.lic file from the Sketchup 2018 version I no longer use on my iMac.

Kind regards

Mike