Simple coloured lines

For years I have been changing line colours by applying a material, and then selecting ‘By Material’ in the edges section of the styles menu.

I’ve recently upgraded to 2017 and the drop down box where I would normally select to colour by material appears to no longer be there.

Can anyone assist with how I would now find this function?

You need to look in the Default Tray for Styles.

Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps I was not very clear, I am familiar with the Styles menu in the default tray. It’s just, just where I would normally select ‘Colour: By material’ I no longer have this option.

I will attempt to upload an image to show the section that I cannot see.

When you installed SketchUp 2017, did you do so by right clicking on the installer and choosing Run as administrator?

Out of curiosity, where did that image come from?

Hi Dave
I’m afraid I cannot remember, I upgraded some considerabl time ago but haven’t had the requirement for this function. It’s my own personal computer and I’ve never had any issues previously. Is there a way I can check without a re-install?

This image is yours! When I was unable to colour the lines I did a search to see if there was some other way and came across your post. So when I needed to show what I was after, above, I figured your image would be a quick way to show this (as I no longer has the ability to screen shot!).
I don’t use forums a great deal so I hope I have not crossed an unknown boundary by using your image. My apologies if so.

Do you mean the whole drop down menu is missing? If so try dragging the the bottom of the dialog down to make it bigger.

No worries. I don’t think you crossed any boundaries. I was just surprised to see my style.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see in the Styles window in your installation of SketchUp?

Well this is embaressing. One of the first things I tried was to try and drag the dialog box down but I couldn’t seem to get it to come down. I figured I best try again before replying to Box’s message to say I had already tried…of course, it dragged down and my missing drop down menu appeared.

Thank you both for your kind help.

1 Like

No worries.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.