Sides and borders smoothing of DWG imported object

Hello!
I need to smooth sides and borders of DWG imported object in order to export it to 2D CorelDraw colored format (such as EPS).

The 1st photo:
Here’s the image of how it looked like in original.
The 2nd photo:
This is how it looks like imported in SketchUp after smoothing the edges to 46 degrees.
The 3d photo:
This is how it looks imported in CorelDraw as EPS 2D from SketchUP.
The edges, sides and additional lines are what I would remove so it could be as in original DWG view.
P.S. I need vector format opening in CorelDraw with the same shape, color and form.
Thank you for your help.

you’ll need to re-draw using the ‘Arc Tool’ set to a higher precision…
add the skp file if you need more guidance …
john

1 Like

Here it is
SketchUpImportedSuccess.skp (182.9 KB)

But I actually need to import/export technology that wouldn’t has to redraw things because of lots of dwg projects need to be converted to 2D vector opening in CorelDraw format. Thank you.

So you expect smooth color gradients in vector format?

1 Like

I think just gradient that support vector like in CorelDraw like when extruding 2D

Why not import the .dxf files directly into CorelDraw? Why is SU in the process?
-Gully

1 Like

I think you need CoralDesigner or CoralCad to import and convert dwg/dwf into the native Coral format…

if you want to use SU Pro, you could try to set up and export via LayOut…

1 Like

That’s not correct. CorelDraw has both a dxf and a dwg import filter.

Here’s a partial list of supported formats from the Import dialog:

-Gully

1 Like

yes, but a quick scan off the web implies those filters are lacking…
one article says that CoralDesigner is aimed at Technical Illustration and has better filters…

john

1 Like

I wonder if any DWG importer in Corel is able to convert AutoCad 3D faces into 2D colour gradients directly.

elDeus’s problem is that he wants a screen effect that is vivivle in a 3D application to be translated into 2D vector graphics. I would guess that the only available option is to increase the segments in the arched shapes to get a better approximation, but in the end the export will always result in a bunch of thin filled paths with a flat colour. To get a really smooth gradient you would have to redraw the thing in your illustration application. Gradient fills in illustration applications are raster effects that translate poorly between file formats.

Anssi

2 Likes

changing Shadow Setting to midday, mid-year helps with the lighting…

Cant edges be smoothed in Coral?
john

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the answers, but could it be possible then to transfer it into 3D or somewhat else in Corel so it could import another file or construct with it’s own way the graphic close to the original view of the 3D one ? Thanks.

post the original dwg and I’ll see if it can be converted with camera and colors intact…

Here it is
Object.dwg (73.2 KB)
Thanks!

It could be just fine if DWG can be imported as DXF with color and view like it has in the original 3D. Instead of what CorelDraw opens after importing DXF:

But I need much of DWG projects to be opened in such view in Corel. Thank you.

I know CorelDraw and I know Sketchup; They are two polar opposites in in creating presentations;
CorelDraw is a 2D DTP package used to create 2D presentation images - I use it to print composite rendered models with other text information overlayed. There are very (very) few instances I can think on where a JPG export wouldn’t be good enough. Why do you want a vector?

The models need to be printed in high resolution.

So export to a high resolution. Or render to a high resolution. The Vector format is only any good if you want to scale up/down and keep definition or are concerned about the file size.

If you are sure you want a vector into Draw, I would use flat fills in SU without any sunlight shading, export as a JPG (or PNG) then trace this in Draw and use Draw’ native gradient fill or mesh fill shading for the solid fills. Either that or you could simply import the DXF straight into Draw, then the smart fill tool with the weld will easily create the shapes and a fill will shade them with a few clicks.

1 Like