I’ve just switched to a brand new machine:
- 17,3 inch Clevo P670RP6-G
- NVidia GTX 1060 6GB vRam
- Intel Core i7-6700 HQ CPU@2.6 GHz
I plan to use this laptop for modelling in SketchUp Pro 2017 and rendering in VRay and now I’ve encountered an usual problem. I usually use a lot of keyboard shortcuts to activate sketchup tools but this is not working properly… After activating any function or tool using a shortcutkey, the activated tool is not working immediately, I’ve to wait for about 2 seconds before the tool responds to mouse clicking. So once I hit a shortcutkey, the cursor icon changes immediately, Sketchup does respond to mouse movement, but doesn’t respond to mouse clicking for about 2 seconds. This delay really slow me down (and is also really annoying) so I really need this issue to be resolved.
Is anybody familiar with this issue? Does anybody know how to fix this?
This is what I’ve tried so far:
- First of all I decided to test whether GTX 1060 is functioning the way it should (the manufacturer claims it does) and whether SU is using the NVidia GTX 1060 card as it should and not the integrated Intel graphic card instaed.
I’ve used the Unigine Valley Benchmark to test the 1060 and it scores ok (as far as I can tell). Furhermore I did a FPS count while orbiting a huge SU-model using both (50MB, +1million polygons) the GTX 1060 and the Intel graphics card. The Intel card scored only 1-3 FPS while the GTX scored 30+ FPS. Considering both experiments, I would say the GTX is functioning properly.
- I also experimented with different OpenGL settings: no improvements
- Next I uninstalled all extensions. Once again, no improvements
- Reinstalling SketchUp as administrator didn’t help either.
- Last of all, I compared the performance of SU15 to SU17 on this machine. The performance is exactly the same. Both versions show the same delay.
Does anybody have any other suggestions? Any clue what might be causing the delay?
Thnx in advance.