Shadows not appearing

I’ve read a number of posts about shadows not appearing but can’t seem to find a solution. Shadows just don’t seem to work. I’ve attached the file in question. Is anyone able to offer advice?
sideboard 30 Nov.skp (4.2 MB)

Couple of things goin on here. For one you have pieces spread out all over, some pretty far from the origin and much of it below ground level.

But your main problems here can be solved in the Shadows window, so open that up. At the top of the window you have the UTC set to +10, I assume to match the location you are living in, although for furniture renderings I’m not sure why it matters. So you have given SketchUp a time frame for the sun but you have not geolocated your model. Models are by default located in Boulder Colorado, the home of SketchUp. It won’t matter where you put the time of day slider because for all the available “daytime” at UTC+10, the town of Boulder and so also your model is in the dark at night time on the other side of the world, so it looks all dark. Either geolocate this model to match the UTC+10, or just set the UTC to -7 to match Boulder.

Then make sure the boxes are checked for shadows to display on faces and on the ground.

1 Like