Seriously newbie question

Hi I have just downloaded sketchup about 30 minutes ago, and I am attempting to follow the first videos.

Here’s the thing, I can’t see anything I am drawing!

It seems to think I have drawn sometihing because I am offered the chance to erase rectangle etc, but I can’t actually seeit.

Is it a color of pen, an unhide, or invisible layer issue?

I understand it’s a huge program and it’ll be a while before I can use it properly, but it’d be nice to just make a mark to start with!! Really grateful for any help - feeling a little foolish!

It would help to know what computer operating system you use, and what type of computer you are on (e.g., Wndows 8 Lenovo laptop, or OS X 10.9, MacBook Pro).

It sounds like a deficiency with either your graphics driver and/or graphics card. Test it. In SU go to Window > Preferences > OpenGL and disable hardware acceleration. Restart SU. if the problems go away, try updating your graphics driver in order to resume using hardware acceleration.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding davidheim1 and catamountain, appreciate your help.

Catamountain is on the money, I disabled hardware acceleration, and bingo there was the cartoon person standing at the Origin, I have drawn a cylinder, a rectangle, and cube…heady stuff!. I just assumed I hadn’t understood the program in some way I wouldhave been weeks working that out myself! Fantastic Forum, thanks again catamountain!