Selection Tool, slow response, Sketchup Make 2017

I have addressed this topic several times since I first experienced the problem in June of 2017. I know others are experiencing a similar problem. I have found that the most recent issue is caused by the Microsoft upgrade KB4056892. If I uninstall the up grade my 2017 Sketchup Make runs just fine. I have uninstalled and it automatically reinstalls if I let it, then the problem returns. So I disabled win 10 auto update for now so it does not auto install. It sure seems like a lot to deal with to use the program. However, I really think the SU 2017 is the best for designing my small music and heirloom box projects.

I do not uninstall windows updates or drivers or roll back or any of that. I reboot my computer then test SU. If it still has a lagging select tool, I reboot again. Usually 3 reboots repairs the lag. Let Windows fully initialize after reboot.

I will certainly try that! Much easier! Thank you for the tip.

Please let me know if it works for you. I was pulling my hair out trying to repair it before.

I will try it today and let you know.

I’d like to see some of your boxes too :slight_smile:

I tried your tip but it didn’t work on my computer. I will try again. Also,
tried to send photos of a recent build but it was returned due to file
size. I could send to your regular email if you like.

Not sure what to say. Do you still have updates disabled?

No, I enabled updates and reinstalled the one that is giving me the grief.
Then I restarted win10 three times. Checking performance of the select tool
each time. Still slow.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.