Selection Tool process is slow, unbearably slow

I wanted to contribute for what its worth (haven’t read every response on this thread, but have read a bunch of other/older threads on this topic).
Surface Book
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.309]
Sketchup Pro 18

I had the same behavior as everyone else flocking to these threads is having - selection tool is unbearably slow.
I use my surface book docked with extra monitors, so I kept tinkering with my drivers for those (Intel drivers).
After some testing though, I ended up trying to update my integrated display driver from Intel and it threw a fit saying the vendor uses a custom driver for my computer.

Since Microsoft used custom drivers for the display,I grabbed the latest packaged driver/firmware from their site and it actually seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Surface Book Driver Firmware Update
I installed: SurfaceBook_Win10_15063_1801500_3.msi

Now obviously, if you’re not on a surface book, my feedback is moot, but I’ve seen a handful of people talk about being on this laptop and having the issue.

TLDR: If you’re using SUPro18 up to date, and on a surface book, the latest driver/firmware patch from Microsoft fixed the issue for me. - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49497