Select Tool Freezing- General Comment on persistence of problem

I’m very unhappy with Trimble right now.

Since last month I have been dealing with the issue of the Select Tool freezing for 5-10 seconds. It’s a common problem. At fist it took me 2 hours to figure out the fix, now every time it starts happening I have to spend 15-30 minutes locating the Windows Update that caused the problem again (KB4019472 as of today,) uninstalling it and restarting my computer. I use this for a business and that level of inconvenience, with a client waiting, is totally unacceptable. Not to mention the fact that I lose the security updates to Windows every time I have to uninstall the update…

I recognize that it’s an incompatibility issue with Windows 10 updates, and possibly my graphics card, but for $120/year, Trimble should have the resources to deal with this in less than 2 months… or how long???

I understand you are frustrated but it should be Microsoft that you are unhappy with. They even announced that some security updates they released were bad and they told users not to install them. This updated affected more than just SketchUp. Expecting Trimble to chase bad operating system updates is unrealistic.

How did you find that was a problem with A WIN Update?
I have other issues that I can´t have a reason. Pearhaps that´s the way.

You’ve already been told what is causing the problems you are experiencing. It’s Vray.

Yeah , wrote it first.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.