Section Plane once positioned cannot be repositioned

SketchUp Pro 2018 on a 2017 MacBook Pro Touch Bar:

If you position a section plane, and then select it, It can’t be reposition by drag-moving it.
The section plane appears to be active because I can cut objects if I rotate or move the the objects nearby thru where the section plane was first positioned.

I’ll also add, that If the section plane is initially positioned on the z=0 plane on which all my objects are sitting, the models all disappear. This seems like a problem but I recognize this as normal behavior since in this case all models are above the cutting plane and by default are not visible.

Are you using the Move tool to move the section plane? That works for me. The Rotate tool can also be used on a section plane.

If that doesn’t work for you, upload the SketchUp file so we can see what you’ve got going on.

Yes, you are correct, the move tool does allow the section plane to be dragged to a new position once positioned, it works fine for me.

I feel a bit silly for bringing this to everyones attention because I was sure the section plane should be drag-able by simply clicking on it to make it active and then dragging.

Thanks, again.

Very few operations in SketchUp involve ‘dragging’ the cursor.
As the gentleman in this video explains, most tools require only a simple click-move-click.