Section Plane once positioned cannot be repositioned

mac

SketchUp Pro 2018 on a 2017 MacBook Pro Touch Bar:

If you position a section plane, and then select it, It can’t be reposition by drag-moving it.
The section plane appears to be active because I can cut objects if I rotate or move the the objects nearby thru where the section plane was first positioned.

I’ll also add, that If the section plane is initially positioned on the z=0 plane on which all my objects are sitting, the models all disappear. This seems like a problem but I recognize this as normal behavior since in this case all models are above the cutting plane and by default are not visible.

0 Likes

Are you using the Move tool to move the section plane? That works for me. The Rotate tool can also be used on a section plane.

If that doesn’t work for you, upload the SketchUp file so we can see what you’ve got going on.

0 Likes

Yes, you are correct, the move tool does allow the section plane to be dragged to a new position once positioned, it works fine for me.

I feel a bit silly for bringing this to everyones attention because I was sure the section plane should be drag-able by simply clicking on it to make it active and then dragging.

Thanks, again.

0 Likes

Very few operations in SketchUp involve ‘dragging’ the cursor.
As the gentleman in this video explains, most tools require only a simple click-move-click.

0 Likes