First, to answer a question asked elsewhere, I am running SU Pro 2018 on a Mac High Sierra 10.13.3. And I appreciate the explanations from several people to explain their workarounds. I see how I can use a separate browser, but it still seems like the tool should not require workarounds for something this basic. However, I can now deal with the original complaint, so thanks to the community.
The 3D view is very helpful as a first screen since the keywords have no real consistency. For example, search on “bathroom + faucet” and you will see many items that are not faucets, but are other bathroom components. I don’t want to focus on the keyword strategy for one single designer since most seem to do the same thing, but you can see keywords that are only related to the actual object. Therefore, the 3D images are very important.
I assume that the list of items with a hashtag are all of the keywords associated with the item. I don’t think that the keys themselves are the culprit, since you can’t control what people put in for keywords (nor should you even try in a crowd sourced database with contributions from all over the world) and manufacturers will always stretch the relationship between the keyword and the product. I did notice that the return for the robe hook (apologies to Brizo, but they are the first one that gets returned) has no hashtag that is “faucet” or “bathroom” - there are several where “faucet” and/or “bathroom” is part of the hashtag and the search seemed to have returned all items with “faucet” and/or “bathroom” as part of the hashtag. There is also a hashtag of “bath” which may be the match as well.
So, I can only credit the search algorithm for expanding the results to include hashtags that are almost what was requested instead of adhering to a precise match. This is a common complaint I have about all search engines: they return a lot that of results that are not precisely what I asked for – but I digress.