Scenes not displaying active section planes

Scenes not displaying active section planes? turned on in properties to save. graphics card updated & seems to be working fine. Everything else in scenes saves except planes! Any help appreciated.

Did you update the style for the scene? Section display settings are style settings. If you don’t update the style after changing them, the change won’t appear in the scene when you come back to it.

When you update the scene after changing style settings you should get a warning message indicating the style has been changed and asking you what you want to do with that. Normal choices would be to update the style or create a new style. If you choose Nothing or you have disabled the warning, the style won’t get updated and you won’t see your changes in the scene.

Disabled warning! Thanks Dave… My memory not what it was.

Another one bitten bit the disabled warning. I’d strongly suggest that you enable that warning (Preferences>General) and then choose either of the first two options as appropriate when creating or updating styles.

Don’t know in your case but I think many users see the option to disable the warning the first time it comes up, don’t comprehend what the warning is telling them, and figure they don’t need it. :wink:

Happy it has you going again.

Enabled & back to normal! Wouldn’t have worked that out in a month of sundays. Thanks again.

1 Like

Keep in mind that scenes also remember wich section is active. Even if your styles is updated and set to show, you could still wind up with no section cut to show

Thanks Mike.

Hi Mike,
I’m really stuck on scenes not showing my “aligned view” active section cuts. I update and save each scene. Are you saying that you can’t have 5 scenes with different section cuts? I thought I had done it before but now I can’t. Thank you!!
Janice

Does the style for your scenes need to be updated? Sharing the SketchUp file would help us help you.

Thanks Dave,
I sent my file but the sketchup manager said I couldn’t send my link because I’m a new user. I don’t know why my email was returned.

I could try sending you a screen shot of the “update"

Janice

Dave, how do I update “the style”?

Here is a screenshot of my update. I hope you can see it. Thanks.

It was probably because the file is too large. You could upload it to Drop Box and share the link. Send it to me via a private message if you don’t want to make the file public.

You should edit your post to eliminate your name, phone number and logo stuff.

The style gets updated in the Styles panel.

My file is too big for Dropbox. Thanks, I removed my personal info from post.
How would I send it to you privately?

It’s too big for Drop Box? If it is, it’s too big to e-mail, as well.

Open the file if it isn’t already open and go to Window>Model Info>Statistics and click on Purge Unused at the bottom. Then save it and see if it’s small enough.

Lets see if this works! The Purge worked!! I’m already learning from you.

Good deal. It’s downloading now.

Dave, I don’t know why but now all my scenes are working and retaining the saved section cuts! Could purging have made the difference? I’m happy but very frustrated because I don’t know what changed. I’ve had this happen several times so I still think it is a setting or something. Let me know what you find but now it seems to be working.

I doubt it. Maybe it’s the way you were holding your tongue. :wink:

I sent you a PM.

Where do I get PMs? I just joined and obviously have a lot to learn.
Thanks,

Click on your avatar at the upper right corner of the forum screen.