Scale function not working in Layout

When I copy and paste into layout and try to use Scale function, a yellow triangle pops up and I can
zoom the size of the image, but the scale function doesn’t work

First, you shouldn’t copy and paste into LayOut. That’s just asking for trouble.

I assume you are referring to a SketchUp viewport. In order to be able to set a scale for it in LayOut, you must have the viewport with the camera set to Parallel Projection. You should set up a scene in SketchUp for the view making sure you have set the camera to Parallel Projection and a standard view.

The yellow triangle indicates the viewport doesn’t match the reference. Typically rendering the viewport will remove the triangle.

Do not copy and paste from SketchUp to LayOut. Either use Send to LayOut if you are starting a new LayOut document or File>Insert if you already have the document in progress.

Share the SKP and LO files and I’ll help you get it sorted.

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually the auto render was off in the Layout of preferences. It started working when i re-checked it.

I thought that might be the case with the yellow triangle. Still you shouldn’t be copying and pasting from SU to LO.

I will take your suggestion on the copy and paste. Thank you