Hello all,
I’m having problems saving layout files, since I have started using 2016. I’m on a mac.
The scenerio is, I create a new blank document, then paste a text box from another document. If I leave the doc on the desktop, no issues with editing and saving. If I drop the doc into another folder, then alter this doc and try to save, it tells me the doc “xxxx” could not be saved. If I move it back to the desktop, again, no issues.
Anyone else have this problem? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
how are you moving it, ’ LayOut >> File >> Save As’ or drag and drop?
if drag and drop, is the file open in LayOut when you move it?
are you reopening by clicking the file or the LayOut >> File >> Open menu…
john
Drag and drop. I’ve tried it both open and closed, same result. I’ve been opening by clicking on the file.
I have just tried using new folder names…looks to me like mac and sketchup do not like “/” in the folder name. When I delete the /, all is well.
mac’s have never liked slashes in filenames as it’s a file seperator [ means ‘I’m a folder, look inside’]…
some code will also fail if you use : in a filename…
they are both considered illegal characters although you can use either or both in a Folder name without Finder complaining…
there are others to avoid if you share files over the internet and or email to PC users…
john
Thanks John, appreciate your time and the input… I like your explanation much better than the popup I got on my screen, thank you,
Shan