Save the date: 3D Basecamp 2018 is coming

Hello. i am a government employee who is interested in attending the entire week of basecamp 2018. I noticed that the tickets are sold out for the first two days. Is there is anyway possible that I would be able to get a slot? it not, please put me on the waiting list. Thanks in advance. -Pat George

Unfortunately, it is sold out and the waitlist is effectively closed (there are over 200 names on the waiting list). The good news is that many of the workshops offered during the first two days are also available during the three days of Basecamp!

I just asked my boss and company to go after showing hotel cost, flight cost, and ticket cost, and approved!

I only got a Wednesday-Friday ticket but still pretty pumped! I wish I could go to multiple classes in the same block, but the goal is to learn some animation and improve renders which seems doable :slight_smile:

Is Mythbuster Grant only there for the beginning?

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you will be able to join us! I know it is a bummer to know that you cannot attend ALL the classes, but from where we are at, it is great to hear that you are so excited about the content!

Grant will be speaking at the KeyNote. Not sure exactly how long he will stick around after that, though…

See you soon!

Keynote talk Wednesday morning, so your W-F ticket should include that.

I was wondering that.

2 Likes

I’ve started to prepare my notebook for the basecamp, first step: create an adequate screen background…
For everyone who is interested I have rendered a 4K version (far above my specifications :wink: ):

8 Likes

Had such a blast back in 2016 for the Colorado Springs Basecamp and have been looking forward to the 2018 one since then. I can’t believe its now only a month away. Any theatrical set designers/theater types attending this time? There were about six of us two years ago…and we magically all found each other!
Extensions/plugins befuddle me so I’m hoping to become unbefuddled and I need to learn more about creating organic shapes like draperies and flowy things. I’ve figured out Layout pretty well but could definitely use some guidance from anyone who has a better grasp of it than I.
ALSO
Anyone in the Palm Springs area know where I can rent a Jeep Wrangler? I’m thinking of flying down from San Francisco Bay Area and renting a Jeep so I can tool around. After Basecamp I’ve planned a few days to go visit that crater in Arizona and the Grand Canyon (I got a thing for large holes in the ground I guess) then finish the trip in Las Vegas where I’ll fly back to San Francisco again. So I guess I’m looking for a Jeep that I can rent in P. Springs and drop off in Vegas.
Investigating good hikes around P. Springs and also maybe some horseback riding.
I love the freakin’ desert!!

2 Likes

A friend was recommending the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, and then described some hike going up where you end up taking the tramway down from the top.

1 Like

Hello, Basecampers!!

I am excited to let you all know that the 3d Basecamp 2018 app has just been released!

Get it for iPhone here or for Android here. If you have another device and wish to see what’s going on, check out the site here.

You WILL have to create an account when you first open the app. PLEASE use the same email that you used to purchase your ticket in order to get access to the app.

7 Likes

YES! It is works without a smartphone too! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

EDIT: Can’t find how I sign in though.

Apparently (just learning this, myself), you can see all the info from the app, but cannot post in the social stream… It looks like the log in is primarily for posting purposes…

Looks like iPhone only? Not iPad?

I just checked this myself last night… Looks like no iPad support…

I went up it nearly 30 years ago. As it’s 5,900 feet of climbing to get to the top, it would be quite a hike to do.

1 Like

Ok, I’m not up to that anymore. Maybe when I was in college, and climbed a lot in the White Mountains, but not now.

I’ll live. I just like the bigger screen when I have a choice.

I’m a bit disappointed to see that my personal schedule - that I’d already worked out and entered on the 3d Basecamp Website didn’t carry over to the app. :sob:

It carries over if you log in with the same credentials you used in Sched on the 3D Basecamp site.

Check again :wink:

One feature in iOS is that you can have apps install themselves onto your other devices. So, having installed the app on my iPhone I went to install it on my iPad Pro, but it was there already!

It seems to work fine, but is just the iPhone version, with an option to scale it up to fill the screen.