Rotation over multiple axes bug?

It looks like it is not possible to rotate a dynamic component over multiple axes.

When I add the rotation properties to my dynamic component and change e.g. RotX it behaves as expected.
However, as soon as I try to rotate over the Y or Z (RotY or RotZ), the initial RotX will reset to 0.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

To fix the value use = before the value

I’m not at my computer so I can’t check but I remember there may be some inconsistent behavior depending on which axis the rotation is using. Rotating around an axis may reset the other rotations.

Or just moving a component resets a rotation even though that rotation has not been referenced in the component.

Hi pcmoor,

Thanks for your proposal. This works in case you do not want the user to edit this attribute in the option window.
If you let this attribute open for user input, I have got still the same problem.

True, so the logical work around is to create some custom attributes and assign them to the RotX,RotZ

ROTATE.skp (26.2 KB)

1 Like

Allthough it is correct that you can work this way. It causes that the normal rotation tool does not reflect its angle anymore in the attributes of the component.

I hope this can be resolved in a later version or another workaround is possible.