Regular and frequent crashes using color picker tool

I have been using Sketchup Pro for Mac for the last 3 years, initially on a late 2011 iMac and now on a new iMac Retina. Throughout this period I have experienced regular crashes when either using the colour picker, or editing a material (such as loading a texture JPG file to replace a simple colour).

I have had three of these bugsplats (all submitted) this morning. I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if there is any fix or workaround?

What Ruby plugins do you have? I’m seeing more than one type of crash stack, and one’s related to Ruby Observers. Try running without plugins for a bit and see if it improves.

Many thanks for the reply – I have disabled all except Shaderlight which I need right now. I’ll see how I go and let you know.

If this resolves the crashing, do I just have to add them back one at a time or is there some way to identify the culprit?

I have the following (now disabled of course). Looking at this list I think I could ditch quite a few I rarely if ever use anyway!

1001bit_freeware
clf_components_onto_faces
clf_scale_and_rotate_multiple
DM_artisan
DM_sketchuv
Ene-texturepositioning
Fredo6_!Fredo6
Fredo_FredoScale
Fredo_RoundCorner
FrontFace
gkware_Stairmaker
Makefaces