Recovered version is newer prompt will not go away

On a Mac with 2022. I keep getting the pop up message that the recovered version of the file is newer. I open the file, save it and close it. It is now the most recent I would think, but when I open it the message persists. The only way to make it go away seems to be renaming the file. Super annoying… any best fix out there?

Go find where it’s being kept and delete it. I think it’s something like Library>Application Support>SketchUp> and then in there should be a folder (don’t remember the name - active, working?) - you will find the file in there that is causing the issues.

1 Like

Made a shortcut to the desktop for easy access. Thanks!

File Path: Users/user name/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/working/SKETCHUP/RecoveredFiles

On Mac you need to go to Finder Menu / Go to Folder to get there…

For ‘Just In Case’ purposes I went looking for this in Windows 10, but the only RecoveredFiles folder I could find was in the following path:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 2022\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles

It was empty, which I’m going to tell myself is a good thing. Was it the correct folder?

1 Like

Not a windows user but I am pretty sure thats it. Should only be files in there if SketchUp crashes I think.

1 Like

yup, exactly.

if your “backup in case of a crash” folder is empty, it probably means you haven’t had any crash in a while. good thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On a Mac/SU22 as well & have a had a crashed file that has been bugging me for days with the same issue. Finally searched for a fix today. The backup files are current in the job folder where they are kept so I was curious where it was coming from. I never open Sketchup without opening from a file (e.g. I don’t see the “welcome window”). I opened Sketchup from Applications & was brought to the Welcome Window where I saw the problematic recovery file. I clicked the correct file & was prompted to choose one. There is a warning the other (old recovery backup) will be permanently deleted. Said yes to delete it. This route fixed it also (probably doing what you did behind the scenes). Good to know where those recovery files are hidden on a Mac though.