Random lines showing up in layout that are not there in the model

There was someone recently another thread about this issue.

Maybe @trent or @colin could give an update on how it’s going with this particular issue.

1 Like

& Another Here

1 Like

check your 3D of the door. I think theres have a problem with edges of middle of the door.
there is a line of the middle of the door that moves to the left.
(let you check with zoom).
I hope the information is useful

Layout have serious problems in Vector mode. I’ve been posting a few thread about a few problem I got. In my case, the problem is more faces than lines. Instead of the cross line that you have in that windows, I have a full black face, like a solid hatch.

I’m struggling if it’s a Layout problem or my GPU.

I’m struggling if it’s a Layout problem
Check This Thread, may hold a clue.

hum! its a good feeling to see that the SU knows about the issue and try to solve it. Thx SU team.

Here the link for a similar problem I had back in 2018.

1 Like

I am having this same problem too, however I have found that if a go to the
SU model find the offending group or component and cut it and paste in place the phantom line,
(usually diagonal) disappears on updating the model. This is not a solution but seems to suggest to me that the problem is originating in the SU model. Perhaps something for the SU team to look into?

Velina, the cut and paste idea removed the diagonal line on your model, perhaps you could try it and see if it works for you!

1 Like

Oh, bother the line still appeared on the pdf, this one nearly had me beat. I finally exploded
the vertical and two lowest horizontal glazing bars and merged them into one group before the
diagonal line disappeared. Is it something to do with the junction of two components in SU?
This is beyond me, will have to leave it to the SU team

I just tried this on a LO file and had some success.
In my case the SU model has multiple sub component’s and the random line was emanating from a corner where two components meet.
From LO…I opened the SU model…went to sub component and cut the component…exited main component…saved SU model…updated LO file…went back to SU model…opened main component and pasted sub component in place…exit…save SU file…Update LO file…reconnect dimensions to model. (some had to be done manually)…perhaps this is related to persistent ID’s losing “connection” to SU model??

Charlie

This problem is definitely a thinker. Someone else posted that if they change the viewport to raster, the lines go away when printing and exporting to PDF. And that seems to work for me now. It just stinks for presentation to a customer though when all the rest of the viewports are in hybrid or vector, and one is in raster. Luckily we have understanding customers…lol. It also stinks because now we have to export to PDF, then check out the whole set to see where the lines are showing up and go back into LO and change those viewports to raster and then either print and export again.

Yes, this is becoming increasingly frustrating, you think you have fixed the drawing and another
diagonal line appears, which looks like a whole part of the drawing has been crossed out. (i:e
NOT INCLUDED IN THE CONTRACT). This could have nasty consequences if it carries on -
I certainly hope the SU team is on to this big time. It could become more than just a time waster!

@trent
Dear SketchUp team, @arch_outline, is absolutely correct about the potential ramifications of the diagonal artifact line, relative to, NIC (not in contract) drawing convention of certain diagonal lines.

Is it possible to issue a 19.3 version release w a rollback to 19.1 of the offending block of code while you work out the bug fix? I believe such an effort would help us immeasurably.

Or is there a way for those of us on 19.2 to go back to 19.1?

Best Regards.

You need to remove the newer version, first. Download link:

I use Sketchup and Layout everyday this has become a major deal for me, I have been saving to 2018 version and exporting to PDF to solve, Lots of extra work, I will look into turning back the version. A fix would be the best thing that could happen.

2 Likes

Just a note for any SU team members that are working on this issue. I just printed out page 3 of this LO file, on one of our color printers and also (by mistake) on our black and white only printer. The diagonal line did not print out from the black and white printer. Comb 1st Floor Apartment.layout (9.9 MB)

Cleaning my model with these settings worked.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting. I will give a try on my problematic SU file when I get into the office tomorrow.
Best.

Sorry to have been miss-leading I had some limited success using “Cleaner” but none with other files.

Wanted to give this a nudge. I have been having it happen to me in Layout in Hybird rendering mode. I found that going back into SketchUp and ungrouping too many groups of a model and saving and going back into Layout fixed it for me. Also toggling render modes in Layout fixes it temporarily but not a permanent fix. Hope this helps.

1 Like