Question regarding sketchup pro

Does “sketchup Pro” for $299/year incude features such as section fill and most of the drawing tools of the newest version of Sketchup '23 ?

SketchUp pro contains all of SketchUp, LayOut, and Style Builder.

1 Like

Sketchup pro 2023 has all the tools from the 2022 version plus a new one that replaces the flip along tool on previous versions, it’s a very useful in my opinion, it’s like a native mirror tool.

Maybe you are confused with the sketchup Go version, that is a version that gives you access to sketchup for iPad but it’s a web based version, so there’s no desktop app for pc or mac, and of course it lacks of some features like layout and the possibility to install extensions.

Thank you Francisco for your answer. I would like to know if the Sketchup Pro for $299 per year has the same DRAWING tools as the ’23 version?

If you purchase the SketchUp Pro subscription now you will get SketchUp 2023 Pro. The alternative would be to buy a SketchUp Studio License in which case you will also get SketchUp 2023. Same tools. If you’ve been using the SketchUp 2023 free trial, you are using the version you’ll get with the SketchUp Pro subscription.

You can download and use it for free for 30 days, if you like you can buy the license.

I think there is a little confusion because you are asking if SketchUp Pro is “like” SketchUp 2023, but SketchUp Pro IS SketchUp 2023.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering because they list SU pro 2022, but SU 2023 doesn’t say its the pro version…there are different versions: some are called Pro, some aren’t, so that’s why I asked.

For macos there’s only one desktop version, which is the pro, all the other versions are web based or for ipad as well, if you’re running sketchup from your mac and not from the web browser, that means you’re using the pro version, if you don’t have a license you’ll be able to use the software for 30 days, after that trial time you should get a license to be able to keep using it or use the web based version, if you use windows also, there is another desktop version called Studio, it has a couple more tools like Vray, Scan Essentials and Revit Importer, it´s price is higher obviously. There used to be a non commercial free desktop version called sketchup Make, it had all the features of the sketchup pro version except for LayOut and Style Builder, it was discontinued in 2018 but there are people who are still using it, I think you can´t find the installer of this version on the sketchup website but maybe using wayback machine you could find it or ask in this forum if someone has the istaller for mac, its not for commercial use.