Purge component error

Yes. It show there is only one component.

It means there is a bug in a plugin that you are using. :wink:

You mean this one right?

You can check ‘show nested components’ right before reply
I think I have one component in my file

Dang it…
This is why I’m confused
I double checked component and there’s only one…
So should I have to make it again from start?
and How can I know which plugin with bug??

maybe the explanation is that skp files have been optimized in the latest versions of sketchup, making them lighter.

I guess your purge plugin was written for an older version of sketchup, and 2021 version must have automaticaly spotted the repetition of groups and your plugin see them as components.

So my advice about making components instead of groups won’t do much about your file size. (I tried copying your balustrade 20 times as groups and 20 times as components in 2021 version, same file size. In 2018 version, almost twice the size for groups instead of components.) It does not mean you shouldn’t take the habit of working with components !
talking about balustrades, they are way too detailed, only one is 31K entities.

1 Like

I could not be able to check your modell, but according to Paul, You can optimise a lot. Perhaps may not be need to start from a very beginning.

From experience.
Anyway, I haven’t seen any software that is completely flawless.

Okay… Got it and thank you so much for your help
I’m so confused number of components and file size…
You are amazing in the world!!!

Okay thanks for your reply!!
I was so confused
Many thanks :grinning:

The Purge All plugin is mine…
It shouldn’t report ‘Groups’ like that but it it is, because they are a special sort of component-definition…
I’ll fix it and republish shortly…

2 Likes

Wow… I met super expert
Thank you for check my post
Will wait your next version plugin!

You may have misunderstood, Tig will correct the flaw in his plugin so that it won’t report those special groups as Components, but it will not help make your file smaller.

Okay thanks for let me know!!

A corrected version [5.0] of PurgeAll RBZ is available here https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=PurgeAll or through the ExtensionStore³ tool for auto-install…
It fixes the confusing reporting of groups in the components list, and it also address the log file opening on MAC with newer versions of SketchUp

4 Likes