Problems with textures

Hi everyone,
This keeps happening to me (every time I apply a rectangular texture on a tile). I applied the texture and positioned it but when I tried to apply that to the other tiles the position changed… I’ve tried creating a unique texture and it does the same thing. Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you

hello,

Once you positionned your texture on one of your tile, make sure you reload the positionned texture by pressing the default shortcut “B” then holding “alt” (or pick sample paint in the materials tray), and finally paint another tile.

I would also suggest that you make components out of those tiles, that way the texture would be automatically applied/repositionned to all of them.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely what he said! Sample tour correctly placed textur and apply to the othe groups/ components.

You should probably make some subsets unique and apply a differently positioned version of the texture to reduce obvious tiling

Pardon the pun?

Unless they’re bricks.

Very true!

Thank you, I did what you said and this happened…
I really don’t know what to do…And this only happens with the tiles, all the other objects are easy to paint

hello, that’s because your texture tiling has a different size than your actual tiles.
Make a component of your tiles before copying them, once you’ll ajust your texture on one of them it will be applied to all of them.

1 Like

I did that now and it workd, but what if I want some of the tiles to have other texture? What do I need to do in that case?
And thank you so much for your help!!

you have empty spaces between your tiles, which represent the mortar. You would have to find a texture that has a similar pattern and ajust the texture so that the gaps match your model. Not sure if I’m beeing clear…

but it think the easiest way would be to find a way larger texture and use the first method !

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m understanding. But anyway I work for a tile company so the textures are pictures of our tiles, the texture as the exact same size as the tiles. The thing is sometimes I have to do patterns with diferent textures and I’m not sure how to do it with tiles as components. Does the “make unique” works in this case?

do you have many pictures for the same kind of tile ? If you just have one, there won’t be any miracle, it will seem repetitive… If you have many samples I can think of a solution

1 Like

anyway, here is the method with a larger texture, it will avoid repetitiveness :

1 Like

Yes, some collections have many samples and are meant to be used all at the same time.

I can’t thank you enough for your help!! I hope you’re having a good day!

“Make unique” for a component can be used as an option.

Depends how many pattern variations you would anticipate a tiler using in real world situations.