Problem with textures: most textures appear striped

As shown in the image, I use a Stone texture from the Sketchup library, and when I apply it, instead of the stone texture appearing, a scratched texture appears. The same thing happens to me for all default Sketchup´s textures. Can someone help me fix it ?! It is very annoying because I cannot finish my models and export them to the rendering program. If I do the textures appears look the same as in Sketchup (broken).

Looks like the texture is applied incorrectly. Maybe it’s projected or maybe the object is scaled. Share the .skp file so we can see what you have going on and help you.

What version of SketchUp are you really using? Your profile says SketchUp Free (web) 2019. There is no such version. Please correct your profile.

Thanks for your help!! I am sorry i dont know how to change my profile. I am using Sketchup Pro 2021.
Below i send you the Skp file. Is there a way of fixing the problem easily or i have to go face by face editing texture settings? Thanks again!!

You need to open up permissions so others can get your file. Currently it’s locked.

there’s probably an easy fix but we’ll have to see what you did.

As for updating your profile, click on the M in the light blue circle in the top right part of the forum page. Click on the person icon. then on the gear icon.

Oh i am sorry try now.

That worked. Hang tight.

OK. So it is a scaling issue. You made a component of the building and then scaled it without correcting the component’s definition. Right clicking on the component shows Scale Definition is available.

After clicking on Scale Definition the stone texture appears correctly.
Screenshot - 11_19_2021 , 9_52_28 AM

You’ve got reversed faces in your model that really should be fixed before you do any texturing. There should be no exposed blue back faces.

It wouldn’t hurt to purge unused stuff once in awhile.
Screenshot - 11_19_2021 , 9_57_57 AM

1 Like

Ohh didn´t know that!! thanks a lot!!

As for this thing you said about the blue back faces, could you tell me what that means or how I fix that?:

Faces in Sketchup have front sides and back sides. With the style you are using the default front face color is white while the back face color is blue. Best practice is to ensure only white front faces are exposed. There are a number of reasons for that. One reason is mixed face orientation makes texture/material management difficult. Another common reason has to do with rendering. Some rendering applications won’t render exposed back faces even if they have materials applied to them.

To correct the reversed faces you caan select them, then right click on them and choose Reverse Faces.

It’s best to stay on top of the face orientation as you are modeling. Don’t get ahead of yourself and start applying textures before the geometry is all correct.

Many users edit their template’s default style to change the back face color to something bright and annoying like magenta. That encourages them to fix the reversed faces if they occur. I use a green that isn’t especially annoying but stands out better than the default blue.

1 Like

Oh you helped me a lot!! Thanks thanks from Argentina!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.