Problem with sections and scenes

I have a small bathroom.
I have created a section view through the bathroom from the Left and another section from the RIGHT.
When I create two sections, the last section plane is always active in the any scene I create.
I’m expecting the active section plane to always be the plane that was active when I saved the scene.
Any ideas what I’m doing incorrectly?

In the screenshot, the active section (at the back) was not as saved in the scene.
The inactive section (at the front) is the saved section in the scene.
The scene is displaying the last active section no matter what section was saved in the scene.

When I create the section I do the following…
to create the RIGHT VIEW

1. Set the view to Right (Camera - Standard View - Right)
  2. Rotate the view so I can see it in 3D
  3. add the section and place it in the location I want through the model
  4. this section is the Active Cut
  5. Align View
  6. Turn off Section Plane
  7. Create Scene (e.g. S1 - Right View)
  8. Save the model

to create the LEFT VIEW

1. Set the view to Left (Camera - Standard View - Left)
  2. Rotate the view so I can see it in 3D
  3. add the section and place it in the location I want through the model
  4. this section is now the Active Cut
  5. Align View
  6. Turn off Section Plane
  7. Create Scene (e.g. S2 - Left View)
  8. Save the model

When I toggle between these two views I don’t see what I expect.
Since the LAST scene I saved was Left, when I toggle to the Right scene the section is hidden as the last plane (left) is now active, when I expected the active plane (right) to be saved into the scene.

I must be doing something wrong because this seems easy but I can’t get this to operate the way I want.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If you upload your drawing and say what you want to achieve, it would be easier to deal with.

Update the scenes with (per scene) the appropriate section plane active, but turned off (so you’ll see the section cut) and make sure that the active section plane is saved with that scene. Look at the properties that are currently saved with the scenes: