Problem with scenes

Hi, I’m still using Sketchup 8, and have a long standing problem with creating scenes where even though I update each scene as I create it, when I play through all of them, the display reverts to black and white instead of colour or colour with texture. The first time through it can be fine, displaying as I intended, and then next time it appears to forget the setting. Really annoying! I experienced this first many years ago and have never got to the botttom of it!

Hi Rose,

Be sure you have updated the Style when you create a Scene.

The Style that is saved with a Scene ultimately controls how the model is rendered in that Scene.
However, the way an active model is rendered onscreen is contingent upon two factors…
…the active Style and any temporary unsaved changes one may have made to that Style.

When a Scene is created the only Style properties that are saved are those of the active Style.
Any unsaved changes one has made to the active Style are not saved with the Scene.

Before creating a Scene, consult the Styles Browser.
If unsaved changes have been made to the active Style you’ll see update arrows superimposed upon the style thumbnail image.

-Geo

1 Like

You absolute star! thank you for getting back to me so fast - and updating the style properties did the trick - so pleased to have sorted that one in time for my client presentation tomorrow! :slight_smile:
thanks - Rose

1 Like