Good day all,
I’m struggling when importing images (PNG) within my project. Here is my workflow :
- I have boat plans scanned at high resolution in a PDF
- It is converted into PNG at 300dpi
- Within LightRoom, I crop different parts of the image to extract Front, Top and Side view. All exported in PNG at 300dpi
- The goal is then to import those images along the 3 axis to serve as a base to reproduce the structure of the boat and model the hull as a surface
- The image is imported as an image that I scale after exploding the copied image.
Now, the problem I’m facing with : for whatever reasons, the exact same procedure doesn’t end with the same result. With one of those images, it works perfectly fine, I get properly scaled image at high resolution allowing to draw precise splines. On the second image, the resulting resolution is bad and the scaling method doesn’t work at all. For each image, I start from a new project and do my sclaing process before I copy/paste de resulting image into the project (this is because scaling an image scale the whole project meaning all other objects already in the project.
If someone can give me a hint where I need to search, that would be great. I already tried different resolution to see if size of the file or dimension of the image may be the origin of the problem…
I’m joining some screen shots so you can better figure out what I’m doing.
I can only put one image in this post. Will see if I can add the other after.
Have a good day,