Problem Connecting to Server Error

Hi @Lakshmee I have tried everything on my end but cannot get the energy results to populate. I had suspected that this had got something to do with the imported terrain, however even deleting the location snapshot and tag did not correct the issue.

While the daylight analysis runs fine, something is preventing the Energyplus .idf file to produce properly since the analysis does not return on the web app either.

Do you happen to have the version of the model for when the analysis was running fine and can share it with me? I might be able to extrapolate from there.

Hi Niraj,

Unfortunately no, since I only made a few minor changes I didn’t think the model wouldn’t run anymore. I haven’t made a back up.

I’m not sure what to do… Do I have to redo the model?

Kind regards,

Lakshmee

Hi @Lakshmee,

My recommendation would be yes. Redo the model but make sure that you always model under “untagged” tag (which used to be called layers) and use groups and components to your benefit before placing said groups/components in the different tags. For instance a particular floor could be grouped and the windows on them nested as components. Because many of the floors are repetitions you should have the model done fairly quickly. The reason why I recommend that you re-do is also because there were stray edges in the different tags on the original model. And this is where tag (layer) management will be very helpful for you this go around.

In case you don’t already follow this workflow, here is an article on getting you started off on the right foot.

This go around please test/retest. What I mean by that is draw a floor to completion >> simply copy your original floor outline >> push pull >> start placing windows etc >> check the entity tags >> run the analysis on the individual floor >> if successful >> then copy the floors to represent the whole building >> re-run the analysis. Incrementally keep running the analysis until you have your complete model.

This way you will have your complete model properly grouped/component-ed and on proper tags. Plus will give you the workflow that you will be able to use for the rest of your Sefaira models.

I know this is probably not the answer that would get you up and running right away but I hope it helps you keep moving forward.